We have to take a small hiatus from going to too many sample sales these days since it only seems to hurt our long term goals of actually having any money saved in our savings account, but thanks to Sample Sally, we’re still able to give you the Helmut Lang Sample Sale report reposted below. If you happen to drop by, drop it in comments below and let us know how it went.
Prepare to get in line at the Helmut Lang sale if you plan to go today. The queue to check out wrapped all around the sale room when I stopped by at 1 pm. Offerings at the sale seem pretty standard with strappy and ruched tanks running from $59-$79. Knit and woven dresses are $129-$179. Jackets and leather items are $300 and up.
Handbags were limited with small handbags for $99 and larger styles starting at $159. If you’re a fan of the brand make it to the sale and you’ll find wares nicely organized by size. A fitting room is available but I saw most shoppers trying on dressed over their clothes while they waited to pay.
Where/When: Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave (b/w 15 & 16 Sts). May 31-June 3; Thurs (10-7p), Sun (10-6p).
Did you know that vodka is good for more than building a buzz? In addition to being a delightful drink, vodka is also great for cleaning, gardening & more!
1) MAKE BOOZCICLES: If you like fruit and you like vodka, then you’ll love these Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins popsicles by Endless Simmer. Don’t be so skeptical – yes, vodka can freeze! These fresh treats are made with real fruit, and are as easy as mix, stir and freeze. Enjoy but remember – these childhood favorites are now adult-only!
2) PREVENT WEEDS: If weeds start creeping into your patch of peonies, kill them before they have a chance to take over! Instead of using toxic chemicals, try vodka! Combine one ounce of vodka with two cups of water and a squirt of dish soap. Using a spray bottle, spray the mixture liberally on weeds. For more weed-fighting tips, read: Prevent Weeds. (though we’re not sure we really want to waste vodka like this, but hey it is non-toxic it).
3) SHINE CHROME: Dirty and greasy hands are hard on your shiny sink hot and cold handles. If your chrome has developed a dirty film, use vodka to shine it! To get your sink to sparkle, moisten a soft, clean cloth with vodka, and then apply it to your fixtures. To learn more about cleaning with vodka, read: Vodka: Good For Cocktails, Cleaning & More.
4) PRESERVE FLOWERS: To keep your wisteria from wilting, add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in your flower vase. You fresh flowers will stay full and beautiful longer. For more information about preserving your flowers, read: The Daily Green. Tip: This concoction works best if it’s fresh every day.
Hurry and grab a FREE Custom Reusable Grocery Shopping Bag from InkGarden. Just use promo code FREEBAG during checkout. This offer expires 5/31. Shipping is approximately $4.99. Here’s how to get your FREE bag:
- Visit InkGarden.
- Click the purple “Shop Now” button.
- Create your custom shopping bag.
- Use promo code FREEBAG during checkout.
- Pay approximately $4.99 in shipping.
- Enjoy your FREE custom bag!
Your kids will probably not wear most of the stuff in their room again. Especially if they grow out of it. You want to store it for those wonderful memories, but then if you live in NYC apartment like me, where do you keep all that stuff? Throwing it away just seems like an awful waste of money, and not to mention all the $$$ you’ve already spent buying them all these oh so cute items. Trust me, we all think about this ALL the time.
We’ve rrecently discovered ThredUp, it’s an easy way to hand down your kids’ outgrown clothes and earn some cash for it. They send you a bag, you stuff the clothes with all the stuff you no longer need/want, you arrange for a pick up, and then you wait for the cash to come in via PayPal or as a credit on partner store sites. There’s even a calculator on the site that’ll give you an estimate on what you can expect to be paid for the item.
So what do you guys think?
Link to Thred Up
The last few days have been all about the “fun” sample sales that are about to happen. Last year’s YSL Friends & Family sale was an epic event with the queue stretching around the block and commotion all around. Well, Mizhattan is pleased to announce the dates & location for this year’s event. The Yves Saint Laurent sale will start June 12th at a new venue, Soiffer Haskin. Expect to find deep discounts on the label’s exquisite womenswear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, and jewelry. Now that Stefano Pilati has left the French house, this may be your last chance to snag one of his designs for a bargain. From my past experience, this event is a fashionista’s and frugalista’s dream.
Where: Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St. (near 8th Ave.)
When:Tuesday, June 12th, 9am~6:30pm
Wednesday, June 13th, 9am~6:30pm
Thursday, June 14th, 9am~6:30pm
Friday, June 15th, 9am~3pm
Add a splash of DVF’s signature prints to your summer wardrobe. The Diane von Furstenberg bi-annual sample sale is just around the corner! Expect to find vibrant colors, eye-popping patterns, and a whole lotta DVF love for up to 70% off retail. And for those who can’t make it on the first day, there is no need to worry. I’ve been told that merchandise will be replenished throughout the sample sale.
Where: 260 Fifth Ave. (bet. 28th & 29th St.)
When: Tuesday, June 5th, 9am~6:30pm
Wednesday, June 6th 10am~8pm
Thursday, June 7th, 10am~7pm
Friday, June 8th, 9am~5pm
Saturday, June 9th, 10am~3pm
Get your sexy on, ladies! La Perla will be hosting a sample sale starting June 10th. The label’s seductive lingerie, sleepwear, swimwear, and RTW will be discounted up to 80% off. A blue lace bra, for example, will be $80 (originally $230) while blue lace boyshorts will be $50 (originally $135). Also, a black lace with ribbon detail bra will be $80 (originally $250), and black lace with ribbon detail high waist brief will be $50 (originally $214).
Where: 225 Fifth Ave. (bet. 26th & 27th St.)
When: Sunday, June 10th, 12pm~5pm
Monday, June 11th, 9:30am~6pm
Tuesday, June 12th, 9:30am~6pm
Wednesday, June 13th, 9:30am~6pm
Thursday, June 14th, 9:30am~7pm
If you can’t wait until June 10th, La Perla is currently having a summer sale via their online boutique with discounts (up to 40% off) on bras, panties, bodysuits, and nightwear.
Head over to Amazon.com now to pick up the LeapFrog Tag Junior Bundle for $42.59. That’s 40% off it’s original price. This is also free shipping with Amazon Prime or with Super Saver Shipping with order of $25 or more. Hurry before prices change! enjoy!