Valentine’s Day is around the corner and if you don’t feel like going out in the cold to get some cards for your little one’s classmates or family members or even coworkers, check out this cute set that lilsugar.com had pinned up – from ellinee.com. The design is just too cute!! Happy printing!
It’s really cold out there…but it doesn’t mean we can’t start looking at summer clothes. LilSugar.com today posted an exclusive look of one of our favorite brands, Tea Collections, swim line. Which is available now online at Tea Collection, ranging from $29 -$45.
For the Spring swim line, Tea Collection’s design team immersed themselves in South African culture and translated the region’s rich colors, traditional batik fabrics, and elaborate embroidery to swimwear for children ages 2-7. It’s “surf done African style,” and we think it’ll be just perfect for tots to wear on Spring break and all Summer long.
What do you think of their new swimwear line??
Head on over and get signed up for Rue La La and check out the great deal on flowers! You can spend $15 for $30 worth of flowers from 1-800-Flowers.com! Shipping is free for 30 days after your first purchase!! Just in times for Valentine’s Day!
The slow cooker is one of the most popular method of cooking during the winter season. When most people think of Indian cooking, the first dish that comes to mind is a good chicken curry.
This recipe makes for 6 servings.
- 3 pounds of skinless whole chicken cut in about 8 pieces – boneless is fine to use.
- 1 large yellow or red onions cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 4inch piece gingerroot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 cup dried methi leaves (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 4-6 green Thai or Serrano Chiles or cayenee Peppers, stems removed, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup boiling water (optional)
- Basmati or brown rice, cooked, warm
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1) Place chicken in the slow cooker
2) Process onions, tomatoes, gingerroot, and garlic till smooth. Transfer paste to a bowl. Whisk in the salt, turmeric, garam masala, oil, yogurt, red chili powder, and methi. Pour over the chicken.
3) Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, and green chili peppers, mixing gently, cover and cook on low 8 hours. For more brothy curry, add boiling water during the last 30 minutes of cooking, if desired.
4) Discard whole spices. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
We’ve received word that the Barneys warehoues sale is starting up again soon. On Valentines Day soon to be exact. The sale is suppose to run from Feb 14 – Feb 24. If we know anything from past experience, what we’ll expect from the sale is:
- It will most likely get extended by a few days where you’ll see more discounts during the homestretch of the sale.
- The lines will be crazy, long but if you get there on the first day, you’ll bound to find some great marked down prices on past season’s goods.
A few things we’re not sure about this year is:
- Barneys joined the ranks of DVF & Steven Alan and put their sale online last summer in July. The online sale was opened to the public before the actual warehouse sale was up and running. Would they do it again this February. We actually think they would. In a world where everyone is going digital, this seems way too easy and cost effective for them to pass up.
- The Barney Chelsea Co-op is closing. Rumors are said Barneys will just be losing their lease, and all of the building’ tenant are required to vacate. So does that mean this would be the last Barney’s warehouse sale?
I guess time will tell, but how many of you will be at the Barney sale in a few weeks?