Best Snickerdoodle Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening (butter-flavored works best)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons white vinegar or lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Add in the flour, lemon juice/vinegar, soda and salt.
- Let dough chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or rounded teaspoons and shape dough into balls.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in the cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until cracks are formed but dough still looks a little bubbly. Remove immediately from oven and let cool on baking sheets for about a minute before transferring to a wire rack.
- Recipe produces between 40 and 60 cookies.